Questions and answers
Who is the coaching program for?
GLOW4equality Coaching Program is for women who are in some way involved in gender equality issues, and who have asked themselves:
- How can I use what I do, where I am, and what I know to help more women?
- Where can I find tools to… solve gender equality issues/other problem/other problem?
- What are others doing to address gender equality issues?
- I am surrounded by this problem, and have some ideas on how to solve it, how can I make a bigger impact?
- I’ve seen that this approach works. How do I scale it up to help more women?
- How can I get others to listen to my ideas to help more women?
- How do I get what’s inside me out, for the good of more women who suffer?
- Can I step out of my own circle to find new tools to help more women?
- I want to make sure that what happened to me never happens to another women. How can I get people to listen?
- How can I step up my game to help more women?
How much does the coaching program cost?
The coaching program is worth about EUR 3,000 for each participant however for the women attending the coaching program it is free of charge thanks to financing. The financing is a combination of public funding, crowdfunding, philanthropists, and CSR Partners.
How is GLOW4equality financed?
GLOW4equality is financed by a combination of public funding, crowdfunding, philanthropists, and CSR Partners. We’re ambitious and need further financing for our development. Are you interested in partnering or recommend someone who would support us, visit "Partner up" for details.
How much time will the coaching program claim?
To participate in the program, you must be committed for the entire duration of the 6-month program, approximately 30-40 hours total. This will include own preparations, one on one with the coach, the coaching sessions and some own work in between coaching sessions.
Why are you using group coaching?
Coaching helps a person go in the direction they want to go, and enables sustainable change from within. Through coaching a person learns how to convert what they have inside them into tangible action. Guidance and coaching often take place in a person’s immediate circle, within the same geographical area regionally or nationally or within different organisations. All of these approaches to coaching work. However, GLOW4equality makes professional coaching available to those who may not normally have access to it, and delivers it online in remotely located groups focused on a shared goal. In this way, GLOW4equality’s coaching program also enables women to create global networks to solve issues related to gender equality, thus accelerating and scaling up efforts worldwide.
What is coaching in the context of GLOW4equality?
Through the right questions, self-discovery and their own learning, the group’s participants will identify and develop strategies and plans that contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal #5, based on each individual’s situation and development. A certified coach will lead the group’s participants by asking questions, not providing answers, so as to illuminate different perspectives, clarify arguments and create insight. The coach will support and encourage the group members throughout the six-month structured program. Additionally, the role of the coach is to ensure that the individual group members understand when and how they think and act differently to the goals of the group coaching.
What language is used during the coaching program?
The coaching sessions will be held in English. You must have basic skills and be comfortable speaking.
What level of English do I need?
The coaching sessions will be held in English. To take part in the coaching program you must have basic skills and be comfortable speaking.